President & Managing Director
Prior to becoming Managing Director in Vantage Point’s San Diego office, Brent Glova has previously been a Director and Manager with the firm. In his tenure in the valuation field, Mr. Glova has performed valuations of business entities for purchase price allocations (ASC 805), goodwill impairment testing (ASC 350), share based compensation valuations (IRC 409A and ASC 718), ESOP transactions, board advisory, shareholder buy-outs, fairness opinions, and for fundraising support. Mr. Glova has served domestic and international clients in an array of industries including: life sciences, technology, real estate and industrials, among others. Given his background, Mr. Glova can also focus on the real estate and fixed asset portions of complex business transactions. Prior to joining Vantage Point Advisors Mr. Glova was a Valuation Manager at Cabrillo Advisors and conducted business valuation work for acquisition, divesture, and financial reporting and tax compliance purposes.
Immediately prior to Cabrillo Advisors, Mr. Glova was part of the Corporate Development Group focused on corporate finance and property and portfolio acquisitions at Federal Realty Investment Trust, a national, public retail REIT. He began his career at Duff & Phelps, LLC in the Valuation & Consulting group, where he extensively valued and consulted on the tangible and intangible assets of pension funds, real estate investment trusts, as well as public Fortune 500 and private companies.
Mr. Glova holds a B.S. in Finance from The Pennsylvania State University. He has earned the Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) designation with the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA). In both 2015 and 2017, he was recognized in NACVA’s 40 Under Forty list as a next-generation industry maverick. In 2017, he was named San Diego Advisor of the Year in the ‘Advice for an Internal Transition’ category. Mr. Glova is also a member of the San Diego Chapter of the Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) and serves on its board of directors and as executive chair of the Chapter’s ACG NextGen Committee.
- Vantage Point Advisors, Inc. – Managing Director
- Cabrillo Advisors, LLC – Manager, Valuation Services
- Federal Realty Investment Trust – Senior Financial Analyst
- Duff & Phelps LLC – Senior Associate
Professional Affiliations and Awards
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA), National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA)
- National honoree, NACVA’s 40 Under Forty List (2015, 2017)
- San Diego Advisor of the Year – ‘Advice for an Internal Transition’ – under $25 million Category
Select Lectures and Articles
- “Start-up Financing: Where do I Start?” San Diego Sport Innovators Mentor Education Program – July 2017
- “Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO) Accelerator Learning Day: Cash” EO Panelist– July 2017
- “Arming a Start-up For Success” San Diego Sport Innovators Mentor Education Program – October 2016
- “Raising Outside Financing: Don’t Mess It Up” San Diego Sport Innovators Springboard and General Membership Education Program – September 2016
- “The Real Costs of a 409A Valuation: Prices, Factors & Considerations” Vantage Point Advisors Valuation Blog – May 2016
- The Pennsylvania State University – B.S. Finance