Manager– ASA, CFE
As a Manager at Vantage Point Advisors, Inc., Michael Pickerstein provides valuation services for purposes of ESOP formations and adequate consideration analyses, merger and acquisitions planning and analysis, fairness opinions, gift and estate tax compliance, marital dissolution, litigation support, and shareholder dissension/oppression valuations. His industry experience includes manufacturing, retail, wholesale, distribution, apparel, biotechnology, recreation, entertainment, real estate, construction, digital banks, fintech, marketing, software development, staffing services, and medical cannabis. During his tenure in the valuation profession, Michael has performed valuations of business entities for ESOP updates, purchase price allocations (ASC 805), goodwill impairment testing (ASC 350), board advisory, tax reporting, and share-based compensation (IRC 409A and ASC 718).
Prior to joining Vantage Point Advisors, Michael was a Manager at Oxford Valuation Partners, where he extensively valued enterprises for share-based compensation purposes, from a wide variety of companies ranging from VC-backed privately held companies through Fortune 500 companies. Additionally, Michael performed valuation for gift and estate, shareholder dissension, and other matters.
Additionally, Michael spent five years in the advisory practice at Marcum LLP, where he was an integral member of their ESOP valuation team, as well as providing valuation services for a wide variety of purposes. Michael began his career in the assurance practice of Arthur Andersen and continued his early career at KPMG.
- Vantage Point Advisors, Inc. – Manager
- Oxford Valuation Partners – Manager
- Marcum LLP – Supervisor, Business Valuation and Litigation Support Group
- J. Allen Kosowsky, CPA/PC – Manager, Forensic Accounting and Litigation Support
- KPMG – Supervising Senior Associate
- Arthur Andersen– Associate
Professional Affiliations and Awards
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA), American Society of Appraisers
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Syracuse University, B. S. – Accounting